Forward your plans & I'll send you a free quote for our full or partial quantity surveying services
National Sales Manager
Our aim is to connect those who need our services with the best person for the job - and only when you need us.
We all know how busy you are, and that you are time-poor at the best of times. Long days on site, and late nights costing up jobs that haven't even come to fruition yet. The reason RedQS exists is purely to help you reduce your on and offsite workload so you can focus on the job at hand and bring home the bacon.
Red QS is made up of contract Quantity Surveyors all across Australasia. Our Head Office is based in Christchurch New Zealand but we work on projects across both New Zealand and Australia.
With a diverse pool of skill, we have the right people for the job at the right time. As a Quantity Surveying company, we have a range of clients. We work within all facets of the building industry and listed here are just some of the services we offer.
Construction Cost Consultants & Estimators
At Red Quantity Surveying we supply professional construction cost consultancy as well as industry training to working builders. We offer our clients an expert project evaluation service that helps them take back control of their profit margins. We also provide industry-leading workshops to imbue builders with the basic quantity surveying skills and knowledge to improve the efficiency of their business and to ensure they get the maximum return from each job.
What Our Construction Cost Consultants Can Do
Our construction cost consultants are available at any stage of a project whether you have already started construction or you are developing your next build. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Preliminary budget estimates - Used in situations where a builder is working with the customer from the beginning of the project, where there are no plans or only very basic concept plans.
- Element Cost Estimates - Used in situations such as setting the pre-tender budget expectations based on the most accurate project description. Element cost estimation is very often used in negotiated contract situations.
- Fully Tendered Jobs - This service is useful when a fixed price has been requested either with or without contract documents. Competitive pricing is assumed, based on the quantity surveyor’s advice, to ensure the pricing matches the marketplace.
- Materials or Labour Schedules - A materials schedule outlines the ordering of supply items for the project. A labour schedule will outline a labour-only price for a project when requested by a client.
- Contract Admin Services - This is generally post-contract work performed once the project is live. This could consist of processing progress-claims, variations and schedule extensions.
- Peer Reviews and Custom Packages - We review and to provide feedback on pricing already completed by the builder as a high-level check.
- We can also combine any or all of our service options in a custom-built package to accommodate the needs of your clients.
Working With A Construction Cost Estimator
Over our many years working directly with builders it has become clear that, alongside providing our much-needed estimation services, a large part our job was to educate our clients as to how to conduct their businesses more efficiently. Calculating margin percentages correctly is something that most builders take for granted. When we performed this simple but essential task for our clients, we were struck by how many of them were shocked to learn of the money they had been leaving on the table job after job. We noticed that absolutely no one was offering any similar such educational opportunities to builders, so we decided to fill this gap in the industry. Our seminars and workshops provide a platform for builders to learn how to protect themselves from the predictable and the unseen expenses they can encounter on a job. Fostering success in our clients continues to be one of the most significant aspects of our business today.
Get In Touch With A Cost Estimator Today
If you are looking for the best construction cost estimator available, then you can’t make a final decision without considering Red Quantity Surveying. Give us a call or contact us through our website today and see how we can improve your next project and protect your business from future losses.
Red Quantity Surveying provides quantity surveying services all across New Zealand. We can help you with estimating building costs and residential quantity surveying. Browse our website further or contact us to learn more.
Quantity Surveying Services For Australian & New Zealand Builders, Tradies & Home Owners
Forward your plans for a free quote for full or partial quantity surveying services
Click the button to send us an email - remember to attach your plans for quoting.
Frequently asked questions
All builds vary but the one constant is we are here for you consistently.
Take a load off your workload and flick your build plans and brief and let us put together a no-obligation quote for you.
Our aim is to increase your profit at the end of the day, by calculating exactly how much money will need to go into your job, exposing and eliminating hidden potential costs.